ootd: third one in a row!
went to a family party tonight and caught up with some cousins i hadn’t seen in awhile. the afternoon was spent playing melee and project m, which led into mario party 2, of which i was the victor, surprisingly. it was one of those last minute things too. it was just fun screaming and competing with each other really.
also, i guess this works for a bigger mirror? i didn’t do the last two ootds in this spot because it’s actually in front of the toilet and i thought it’d be pretty weird, but it turns out you can’t see it at all!
anyways, i’m staying up late to meet my boyfriend for when he comes home from hanging out with a friend up in berkeley. i can’t wait to see him again!!~~~
return of the ootd bathroom selfies! i don’t know if i’ll ever get a bigger mirror.
decided to go downtown after work. looked up a couple of coffee shops and rode the trolley all the way there. ended up stopping at smashburger because i hadn’t eaten yet and boy do i really regret getting the fries and the coke. also, reading on the trolley is a rare occurrence apparently and garners stares from other passengers? i guess??? it happened a few times while i started Fahrenheit 451. (cameron got it for me while he was visiting his sis in georgia <9)
the coffee shop i went to was really charming. it was asian and i’m unsure as to the specifics because the banners outside had drink names in japanese but coffee cup text in korean. they played french music (GYPSY JAZZ FUCK YEAH) and it really echoed in there. i sneezed and it sounded like a bomb went off.
funny story, i actually dropped by the coffee shop first, but no one was attending the counter and they only took cash, so i ended up walking two blocks down to get to an atm, end up eating at smashburger on the way back, then actually getting something at the coffee shop.
anyways that was my night.
went out with a couple friends and one of said friend’s friends tonight. ramen and gelato, whee~~~ actually got to wear normal people clothes outside of a work uniform and loungewear.
whichever arm isn’t holding the phone looks big, but don’t let the camera fool you into thinking i have muscles.
i’m super gross and sweaty in these pictures and it was pretty hot out and in the car when i took them.
whatevs, i’m cute.
even nintendo can’t escape the homestuck trash.
you know summers here when it doesn’t get dark until 8:30.
at least in socal.
i thought i looked cute today so here’s my outfit.
props and kudos to my bro for getting me the shirt for my bday.
I think he’s camera shy…
i wanted to cook and so i made this, which i’ll dub:
SPONTANEOUS MINIMALIST FRIED RICE
what you’re going to need (aka, what i happened to have):
- some rice (i had about 2 1/2 cooked cups left over from lunch)
- some salt
- leftover soy sauce packets from chinese takeout dinners
- (i used two)
- ALL THE EGGS
- (no not really like two)
- olive oil (is this a given? i don’t know i’ll list it here)
the process (aka, oh my god what am i doing what do i do):
- warm up pan in which you are to cook the fried rice. apply olive oil. sprinkle some salt in. try and mix it with the olive oil. have no idea what you’re doing.
- take rice and put in pan. break it up and mix it around a bit to get the salt mixed in. add more salt because.
- struggle to open soy sauce packets, careful not to spill it all over yourself/the stove/anywhere but the pan, while trying to keep the rice from burning.
- use tiny wooden spoon to mix it all together, ultimately failing to mix all of the rice with all of the soy sauce. refuse to fret because you got most of it to mix anyway and you have no idea what you’re doing.
- mix and stir a little. jam out to your music.
- take eggs, break into bowl, beat eggs while still trying to keep the rice from burning. curse yourself for not having prepared this before hand.
- shift rice to one side. add in beaten eggs on the other side.
- take a moment to think about the logistics of this.
- improvise and start mixing the egg and rice together, even if the egg isn’t fully cooked yet.
- sigh in relief as the egg starts cooking while you continuously mix the egg and rice together.
- do that for a little bit and then turn the heat off.
- put in bowl.
- voila! you just made SPONTANEOUS MINIMALIST FRIED RICE.
eat it by itself or as a side dish. i recommend finishing with some hot green tea mixed with honey.
I have four assignment critiques to write and 14 pages of African-American literature waiting for me. Instead, I’m listening to capsule’s new album on repeat, catching up on my dash, and messing around on FB with friends from Japanese class.
It’s just been a long day. A long week even. Work’s great and it doesn’t even feel like work, it’s that fun. Yet, I always feel drained at the end of my shift. I actually fell asleep today and took an hour long nap after my shift. Oh my god, was that nap amazing.
I want to sleep now.
But I can’t.
Welcome to college life, redux.